AnninetForces
Please do find and bookmark our attacking log
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x161FqZyCFWtI1q5AhZ54yOecVdLX4BhSrbzrEaipLQ/edit?usp=sharing

Something new!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something new!

Post by DSM on Thu May 14, 2015 9:38 pm

I want to put forward an idea.

Every Tuesday we do a "New Tactics Tuesday" where we try to use different tactics to take down operations. We have a bit of a set idea about how to beat bases but without trying different ways from time to time we will not grow.

This should give us all an opportunity to try to think outside of the box about how we can contribute.
DSM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Something new!

Post by oooo on Wed May 20, 2015 1:42 am

I like this idea a lot! Great way to learn from each other and start seeing bases more holistically rather than getting stuck with using a particular troop in a particular way

oooo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve-O v2.00 on Wed May 20, 2015 12:34 pm

I think sulas attack yesterday was a good example of how effective that can be. He soloed a base that normally takes probably 6 attacks or more.
Steve-O v2.00

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Havering pish on Tue May 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Don't know if this is the right place but anyways. In ops if we have numerous attacks left when it will only take 1 attack to complete the op should we take the opportunity to practice taking out BCs , rls etc before finishing the op ?

Havering pish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve-O v2.00 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:29 pm

I have thought about that havering..but my thinking is that you never know whats happening with others, and i think its too big a risk to waste any attacks at all. It would be horrible if we assumed others would attack, and the for some crazy reason a bunch weren't able to attack..But thats just my paranoid thinking.
Steve-O v2.00

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oooo on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:52 am

Hey Steve-o, I was going to post basically the same response to Havering... unfortunately he's not with us anymore... but I still think there is something to this.

Our typical pattern is to attack in clumps at pretty predictable times, so what we could do is this: Two people in the last group of attackers (usually on-line around noon PST) could volunteer to wait and be the last attack if necessary. They must know two things with certainty, (a) that one of them could finish the last base off regardless of any further attacks, (the second volunteer is a backup because... things happen), and (b) that they will absolutely be on-line with troops ready to go in the last 15mins of operation.

The remaining members creative knowing that the op will get finished if they make a mistake or just goof around using a new tactic/troop combo.

However, I see some obvious potential issues. First, someone may not read the base-notes or chat indicating that we are "practicing", and just blow up the last base. Second, this implies that two people are volunteering to either potentially forego their attack or any new-tactic-practice themselves, or they are faced with a lot of pressure to make a perfect kill. Finally, it's hard to say when/how we will be able to do this because sometimes we have slack at the end of an op, and sometimes we can't finish.

OH! I just had an idea! - On the pre-determined weekly "new tactics day", we drop down an operation or two. So instead of tinderbox we do the one below. That does a few things for the team: First, we can rest assured that if need be, people can do "old tactics" and finish the operation off. So we don't waste operation reward. This, of course, assumes that "practising new tactics" leads to a higher rate of abject failure... (which, technically, it should). Ultimately, the trade off is to assume that if we try new stuff on tinder, we will probably forego the total forcepoints ^ rewards, but we will be successful on a lower operation and gain all the forcepoints... presumably more than we miss out on.

The second benefit is that we are currently struggling with intel. Currently, dropping down a base feels like giving up, and we're losing out on op rewards. However, enhancing our tactics AND saving a bit of intel provide a couple good reasons to attack a lesser base. The conclusion is that we will all get better and learn new manoeuvres and reduce the aggregate intel burden by a little bit.

Finally, from the perspective of coaching a team or teaching students new skills, it is usually better to practising/learning new tactics with less pressure and against less difficult adversaries. This leads to less frustration, more efficient learning, and quicker adoption of new skills.

OH GOD, I DID IT AGAIN. Sorry for the 50,000 word essay... what can I say, I'm verbose... but, what are your thoughts on these arguments?

oooo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum