AnninetForces
Please do find and bookmark our attacking log
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x161FqZyCFWtI1q5AhZ54yOecVdLX4BhSrbzrEaipLQ/edit?usp=sharing

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AnninetForces
Please do find and bookmark our attacking log
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x161FqZyCFWtI1q5AhZ54yOecVdLX4BhSrbzrEaipLQ/edit?usp=sharing
AnninetForces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea to raise Intel

+6
DSM
Captain Beefheart
Green Beret
Jared600
Despicable P@ul
Scotch
10 posters

Go down

Skip day? Explain

Idea to raise Intel I_vote_lcap44%Idea to raise Intel I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Idea to raise Intel I_vote_lcap56%Idea to raise Intel I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
Idea to raise Intel I_vote_lcap0%Idea to raise Intel I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Idea to raise Intel Empty Idea to raise Intel

Post by Scotch Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:56 pm

As most of you have noticed, our Intel is struggling. We have had a conversation in chat about an idea not to make people gain more Intel, but make make the op easier and get more Intel, win win I know. Maybe not but anyway. Our idea is to have one day that we drop our op level greatly to milk run, again we could raise the op slightly if decided apon. This would give us a chance to gain an extra 200+ Intel before the next op. The current date is the 11th of July, Saturday but is this date is debatable.

Scot/Scotch
Scotch
Scotch

Back to top Go down

Idea to raise Intel Empty Re: Idea to raise Intel

Post by Jared600 Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:53 pm

We pulled in 1,690 intel this past week, better than our average. If we continue to pull in this much, we are still 200 short of sour grapes everyday. I think everyone is on board with doing bottleneck at least once a week, so that puts us at 230 short. Our options I believe are to either take one day a week off, which I am not for but that is me, or continue to slightly raise intel requirement. With the influx of AF1 players recently it seems that we are progressing past bottleneck. Personally I am okay with stopping things here for awhile as we wait for everyone to progress to HQ 16. I think getting the resource rewards daily is key as we are a long ways off for competing in any leaderboard.

Jared600

Back to top Go down

Post by DSM Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:50 am

What would the intel cut be to do SG daily Jared?

I would rather raise intel than waste a day.
DSM
DSM

Back to top Go down

Post by Jared600 Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:12 am

38 for SG daily but we have a good amount that get well beyond that. SG daily I think could be done with a 30 Intel cut

Jared600

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Beret Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi guys,

Personally i would like to tackle hard OP at least at some days but to be clear i'm very OK with any option Smile

I know the main reason of OP is resources and probably the optimized way for that is doing a daily OP ( the highest intel can buy ) but this is also about fun ( its a game after all Smile ) and doing an easy OP every is not that thrilling for me.

I would go with something like :

Bottleneck - 3 days a week ( 900 intel )
Sour Grapes - 3 days a week ( 810 intel )
1 day off

Assuming we are doing around 1700 intel/week.

Or some kind of variation with a low OP instead of a complete day off.

Green Beret

Back to top Go down

Post by Despicable P@ul Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:14 pm

I think we're at the point now, especially with the influx of AF1 washouts (jk), where Sour Grapes isn't too difficult and doing Bottleneck more often is the way forward. We don't have the intel atm to do it everyday and I'm not in favour of increasing the requirement constantly to the point where it's hard work to make the cut every week. We're supposed to be the slightly more laid back alternative to AF1 and I'd hate for us to become as competitive as they seem to be. Like  Green Beret said, it is a game after all and it's supposed to be fun. For my two pennyworth, I like his plan of Sour Grapes and Bottleneck, 3 times each with a day off. Maybe do the GBE only attack on Tank Tango or similar for a laugh occasionally. I'm not too fussed which way we go but I'm not sure becoming AF1 Light is my cup of tea. I hate to see so many folks not making the cut each week. There's only about 20 people left from when I started.

Last edited by Despicable P@ul on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Despicable P@ul

Back to top Go down

Post by Jared600 Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:53 pm

How about trying things on a 6 day rotation like the events. Day off being the day before Hammerman, two bottleneck days before volcano, 2 Sour Grape days before regular terror, and the day before Gearheart doing whatever we have the intel for.

Jared600

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Beret Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:24 pm

That makes a lot of sense jared, i'm in.

Just a small issue ; the day before gearhart we cant just open the OP we have intel for because if we do it we are spending intel we will need the next 2 days. We have to open a really low one and stock the intel ( if i'm thinking straight ).

Paul, i couldn't agree more with you and although i didnt mention it i too think we should go very easy on future min intel raises. We want to keep things easy and fun and not loose cool guys. We will grow anyway, just a bit slower. You already have to attack a lot to get 30 intel/week , just saying ...

Green Beret

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Beefheart Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:22 pm

I like a lot of the suggestions, but I think it comes down to a key question: are we trying to maximize our personal resources or "test our abilities" as a team. A lot of the suggestions seem to suggest it's the latter (ie try to do bottleneck more often). I like the challenge of doing harder ops for sure, but my main priority is maximizing resources (while having fun with you crazy bastards). As such, my personal preference is to do whatever op we can afford at the time. Maybe wait occasionally if we're close to Intel for a higher op, but generally speaking doing more ops = more resources. Just my 0.02 Smile

Captain Beefheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Rplotnikov Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Last 3 weeks we did 1632, 1687, and 1690 Intel respectively. Those were the weeks when Intel req started to grow. And the very fact of this talk means that we are close to the point where comfortable game becomes incomfortable.

Let's assume 1700 Intel per week is AF2's real capability. That is 5 bottlenecks (300x5=1500), 1 hacksaw (162) and 1 milk run (30). Total of 1692.

I really dislike the idea to skip not a day, but an hour without ops. Not only they make fun and teach us all the dos and donts, they bring resources. Obviously we can't run 7 hard ops per week, and a day off, in my opinion, is not the question but the fact.

I just say, let's not loose 24 hours, but do the cheapest op instead. No matter how easy it is and how miserable its reward is, doing Milk Run is still better than doing nothing.

A possible schedule:
SUN Bottleneck
MON Bottleneck
TUE Hacksaw warriors only
WED Bottleneck
THU Bottleneck
FRI Bottleneck or any op we have enough Intel for
SAT Milk Run, because that day we loose people (they don't regret reward) and invite new ones (they can't attack, but we have enough firepower).

Note on Friday. Supposedly it is also Bottleneck (300). However if we make 336, why not to test the limit and try Tinderbox? OTOH, if less than 300, let's run SG or Mambo.

Now, said that, how should I vote this poll? )

Rplotnikov

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Beefheart Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:26 pm

Rplotnikov, you get my vote. Great rationale, and it aligns with point Despicable Paul made about maintaining what it is that makes AF2 so great. The only issue I see is that the intel does not come in uniformly, so there's a possibility that we don't have enough intel on a given day to run bottleneck. Which I see you've kind of accounted for on Friday, with an easy day preceding the other Bottleneck runs. I say we give this a shot.

Captain Beefheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Rplotnikov Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:37 pm

Yes. Intel-wise, we are absolutely confident on 4 Bottlenecks per week. Practise day (Hacksaw) and skipped day (Milk Run) turn Fridays to Anything-Can-Happen-Fridays.

Rplotnikov

Back to top Go down

Post by Rplotnikov Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:46 pm

There is a disadvantage in doing 7 out of 7 ops per week. Tight schedule means all ops start at one and the same time, which could be kinda 3 am for someone. We can (and we will, human factor) shift a few minutes each day, but not significantly.

But there's an advantage as well. Naturally, when ops start and end at fixed hour, everyone can come and make sure he or she doesn't miss their attack on unfinished op. Less reasons to kick pals, sounds great.

Rplotnikov

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc_Holiday Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:12 am

I agree with the idea of skipping a day/having fun on a lower level op. I like the idea of matching it with GearHeart though, instead of 7 days schedule as proposed by Rplot. Oftentimes, I need the big loot on DT days to move on to a more significant upgrade. I am fine with doing Sour Grapes once a week, a real easy one before Gearheart and Bottleneck rest of the time. Just my opinion.
But just to make sure we are all on the same line, I think we should still keep the pressure on everyone making the intel cut, and increasing the mimimum intel requirement every so often. While we all want to have fun, I am staying in this TF because there is the right balance between discipline vs fun.
Doc_Holiday
Doc_Holiday

Back to top Go down

Post by DSM Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:21 am

Rather than waste 30 intel on Milk run I vote we skip the easy OP and either lose one day, or just keep up with what we can afford.
DSM
DSM

Back to top Go down

Post by captain awesome Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:27 am

I vote we start what we have intel for when op time comes around.. obviously nothing lower than mambo but if we keep doing that along with raising the Intel cut week by week, we will eventually get to where we want to be.. but if everyone wants to do bottleneck and skip days that's fine too.. it would just be nice to have a set op time and loot everyday

captain awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc_Holiday Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:15 am

Easy ops = soloing a mission = Wink)))
Doc_Holiday
Doc_Holiday

Back to top Go down

Post by Rplotnikov Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:03 am

Doc, Leave easy op for low levels. Don't attack, and voila, you have your day off Wink Could be Pencilneck (90intel): three 50, 54, 57 level bases. I will not solo it, but there are other low-levellers who can and would love to.

Cpt Awesome, if we do what we have Intel for, the TF will be significantly underperforming. Mambos? SGs? We master those with less than half crew! We have to do BN or harder, we have 1700 Intel per week, so we skip two days already... Hacksaw warriors only is good, but what do we fill the other day with? Void? ))

DSM, we don't waste 30 Intel on Milk Run. We do 1700 Intel per week in average, and those 30 are accurately calculated. The schedule is flexible, and they fit in it.

I thinks it's a really bad idea to align TF schedule with the cycle of evil. The unlucky day when Gearheart matches Easy Op day will happen just once in 6*7 = 48 days. Other 47 days everyone has his greasy high-protein reward.

Seriously, let's give it a try for a week?

Rplotnikov

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc_Holiday Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Nice comment RPlot, lets do this. To your last point: the goal of matching the cycle of evil is to have a smaller loot on Gearhart. People usually dont do large upgrades on this day cuz of the lower loot. Thats all. If its too complicated, the 7-days schedule is fine
Doc_Holiday
Doc_Holiday

Back to top Go down

Post by Rplotnikov Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:17 am

Oh, so it's the contrary with Gearheart that I was thinking of ))

I don't do HSB and Gearheart yet, so don't know the kitchen. I don't see yet an easy solution to run ops in 6-day cycle smoothly. And it has nothing to save intel.

Thanks for great feedback!

Rplotnikov

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorMeesh Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:01 pm

I'm new here, recently dropped from AF1, but here are my 2 cents. In AF1 we discussed having a monthly "practice" op day. Where we picked an easier op and selected specific troop types  or tactics be used on specific bases, in order to practice skills with troops other than the ones we always/usually use. So we could be better prepared to take on harder ops later.

I voted no to totally skipping a day. I think we could kill two birds with one stone here, maybe 3. Rather than skipping a day altogether, we could pick an easier op and use it to practice skills, without the risk. Have it be the last op before the Saturday Intel cutoff and it serves a third purpose. people short on Intel get a bit of a break  to make those last needed Intel. We save Intel for harder ops during the week, we get practice with skills we might not otherwise use, and breathing room if needed before Intel cutoff. Could be a win, win, win.
MajorMeesh
MajorMeesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down